RYFFL Parent’s Code of Conduct
- I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in the RYFFL by following this Parents’ Code of Ethics.
- I (and my guests) will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice or other RYFFL event.
- I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting, refusing to shake hands, or using profane language or gestures.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participant for making a mistake of losing a competition.
- I will assist my child by supplying him/her with the necessary equipment to play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will understand that my child’s coach will be trained in the responsibilities of the RYFFL and that the coach upholds the RYFFL Coaches’ Code of Conduct.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I understand that the referees have a job to do and that they are human beings who are entitled to make mistakes. I will show respect to them and understand that if a “bad” call is made against my child or his/her team that it’s part of the game and the referees do not benefit in any way if my child’s team wins or loses.
- I will remember that the game is for youth – not adults.
- I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child. I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
I do understand that I will abide by the above Code of Conduct, if I do not live up to the Parents’ Code of Conduct, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following: verbal warning by official, coach, or Field Manager; ejection from the field; parental game suspension, game forfeit; or season suspension with no refund of fees.